Sunday, February 10, 2008

North Fife George Hotel Newburgh



North Fife George Hotel Newburgh. This one hundred year old Photograph is a westerly view of the High Street, Little has changed, the buildings remain much the same, people still hang out but the absence of modern traffic and street signs makes for an eerie presence.


Newburgh High Street as it looks now.

North Fife History. Cupar: A History History of North Fife Cupar. North Fife Property. Tour Scotland. North Fife Maps. St.Andrews and East Fife: Cupar, Anstruther and Crail (Explorer) Rent a Cottage in North Fife Scotland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,
I am researching an old family picture album that thanks to your blog I can now identify as the George Hotel in Newburgh. Would you be willing to help with 6 or so other landmark pictures? If so let me know how I can get them to you.
Lois from British Columbia, Canada

Anonymous said...

Peter, thankyou for these photos. My grandparents ran the George in 1930. I am researching their history,and believe my grandfather died on the 22nd March 1930. I believe he took his own life, and wondered whether the local paper may have some information on this. What is your local newspaper? If you could find out for me as I am hoping to visit Newburgh next week. My e mail address is richshep@tesco.net. Thanyou.
Richard shepperson.